REGIONAL PROTECTION ASSISTANT
By GRB |05 October 2018
Summary of Accountabilities
• Conducts basic interviews with asylum seekers prior to determination interview and provides notes to supervisor (Regional Coordinator) on asylum claims.
• Prepares all documentation with regards to decision on asylum claims; attends to all asylum seekers and refugees’ queries, and take further action where necessary.
• Liaises with UNHCR for all relevant formalities, such as travel documents, transit visas / exist visas, appropriate documentation for registered POC’s or other related documents as required.
• Maintains all protection related statistical records and files; and builds a comprehensive data base for the registered POC’s on the camps.
• Keeps track of protection related issues in the various camps; takes action where necessary and provides counseling.
• Prepares periodic reports to supervisor on the progress of work; and shares monthly records of registered POC’s with head office in view of nature of registration in camps.
• Liaises with UNHCR (community service) to combat SGBV at the camps;.
• Liaises with camp manager and other stakeholders to ensure that refugees live in camps peacefully; free from any fear.
• Conducts thorough interrogation on minors to be added on to their parents and unaccompanied minors, and afterwards makes referrals to social welfare / community service (UNHCR) for advice.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.Competencies / Knowledge / Minimum qualifications and experience at recruitment and selection.
• Empowering and building trust; Managing Performance; Judgement and Decision Making; Strategic Planning and Vision; Leadership; Managing Resources; Analytical Thinking, Innovation and Creativity; Technological Awareness; Negotiation and Conflict Resolution; Planning, Organizing, Policy Development and Research; Political Awareness, Stakeholder Management; Change capability and Adaptability.
• Prior exposure to GRB / UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and program activities desirable. Minimum Qualifications and Experience: Degree in relevant discipline with 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted with these supporting documents: • Curriculum Vitae • National Service and Academic Certificates. All applications, should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date: 12 October, 2018.