GHANA REFUGEE BOARD (GRB) VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT
By GRB |14 May 2019
Ghana, a relatively peaceful country in the West Africa sub-region currently hosts approximately 13,000 refugees from thirty-six (36) countries across the globe. The Ghana Refugee Board (GRB) was established by PNDC LAW 305 (D) of 1992 with a broad mandate to handle and manage refugee issues, provide care, assistance and protection for all asylum seekers and refugees on the shores of Ghana. GRB is an autonomous agency of the Ministry of the Interior.
The Board is chaired by an official appointed by the President, and composed of representatives from the Ghana Police, Immigration, National Security, Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Education, Gender and Social Welfare, Attorney General and Justice and the National Disaster Management Organization with an observer status for UNHCR representation.
Board functions are performed within the following legal framework: Ghana Refugee Law of 1992; the 1951 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees; the 1969 OAU Convention Governing Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa. GRB’s day-to-day affairs are handled by a Secretariat under an Executive Secretary appointed by the President on the advice of the Public Service Commission. GRB is seeking to recruit suitably motivated and qualified persons for the following positions:.
Only those who meet the criteria specified above should apply. Please send your CV and Statement of Purpose to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is May 31, 2019.
1. Deputy Director, Human ResourcesClick here to download PDF
2. Principal Protection OfficerClick here to download PDF
3. Senior Administration Officer / Executive AssistantClick here to download PDF
4. Senior Protection / Eligibility OfficerClick here to download PDF
5. Protection / Eligibility Officer (2)Click here to download PDF
6. Senior Programs OfficerClick here to download PDF
7. Procurement / Assets Management OfficerClick here to download PDF
8. Finance OfficerClick here to download PDF
9. Information Technology (IT) OfficerClick here to download PDF
10. Driver Grade IClick here to download PDF
11. Internal AuditorClick here to download PDF
12. Cleaner / LaborerClick here to download PDF