Eligibility Assistant Western Region/ Central Region
By GRB |05 October 2018
Eligibility Assistant Western Region/ Central
Summary of Accountabilities
• Conducts eligibility interviews of new asylum seekers with the aim of assessing their eligibility for refugee status.
• Analyzes information gathered during Refugee Status Determination (RSD) interviews, identifies and utilizes additional information such as country of origin information to prepare recommendation for decision on refugee status.
• Responds to queries of asylum seekers / refugees in a timely manner.
• Maintains Refugee Status Determination related statistical records and files (Exemptions).
• Assists in providing counseling and guidance to asylum seekers and refugees on Refugee Status Determination procedures, rights and obligations.
• Remain up to date on Country of Origin Information (COI) of asylum seekers and ensure the COI database in the office remain current by updating it regularly.
• Draft correspondence and reports on issues relating to RSD.
• Liaising with other stakeholders on refugee related matters.
• Perform any other additional responsibilities assigned by the Supervisor.
• Assist office in the identification of cases with serious protection problems during RSD interviews.
• Scheduling of interviews and management of case load.Competencies / Knowledge / Minimum qualifications and experience at recruitment and selection.
• Empowering and building trust; Managing Performance; Judgement and Decision Making; Strategic Planning and Vision; Leadership; Managing Resources; Analytical Thinking, Innovation and Creativity; Technological Awareness; Negotiation and Conflict Resolution; Planning, Organizing, Policy Development and Research; Political Awareness, Stakeholder Management; Change capability and Adaptability.
• Prior exposure to GRB / UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and program activities desirable.Minimum Qualifications and Experience: Degree in relevant discipline with 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted with these supporting documents: • Curriculum Vitae • National Service and Academic Certificates. All applications, should be addressed to: email@example.com. Closing Date: 12 October, 2018.